Monday, April 26, 2010

The horizon

There are some exciting things on the horizon. Still no full-time job, but I landed an awesome (although unpaid) internship that will hopefully lead to bigger and better things. I'm working multiple jobs 7 days a week, but I have to make up for all the time I couldn't find any work and had no income. So for now things are going well and I have a few things cooking that could be fabulous. Updates to come later!!

As for other aspects in my life, May is gonna be huge. In two weeks my little brother is graduating from college. He has had to overcome some serious road blocks to get where he is and I can't believe it's finally here. He has definitely enjoyed college to the fullest, but he worked hard as well. I'm so proud of him and excited for him. I know first hand how scary the job market is right now, but if I can make it he can too. Not to mention he could sell ice to an Eskimo so I'm sure he'll have no problem talking someone into giving him a job. He's not exactly sure what direction he wants to go in, but neither am I and I've got a few years on him. Although if he gets a job offer before me, I may have to beat him up.

Aside from the family time to come, I've a little spoiled lately. My parents came to Charleston two weekends in a row and we all got to attend my brother's formal. Our lovely family photo from the event is below. I also went down to my parent's house this past weekend for the Beaufort Food & Wine Festival. My sister and her family came as well. It was good times all around and I loved gettin to see my little neice and nephew. Charlotte is getting such a cute personality and I can't wait til she's older. Well actually I can because she's ADORABLE right now.I knew it was coming, but I have officially reached that age of weddings galore. In the next 10 months I am attending 6 weddings. Three of which I am in. With all of this planning I have realized I absolutely LOVE weddings!! My bank account doesn't love weddings, but where there's a will, there's a way. In about 4 weeks, my old roomies and I will celebrate our first bachelorette party of the season. The location: Charleston. Perfect for me, because I already live here! It will not only be a fabulous reunion, but also a glorious celebration of Heather's upcoming nuptuals! The following weekend I head back to Greensboro for the first wedding of the year. It will be bittersweet. The girl getting married is the older sister of one of my best friends, Natalie, who passed away a few years ago. While I know the day will be absolutely beautiful, it will be hard not to see Natalie standing by her sister. But even if we can't see her, I know she'll still be there.

For now my days are filled with working, dog parks, beaching and cuddlin up with Soco and Tiggles at night. Not as glamorous as my Australia life, I know but . . . "This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going."

No comments: